12 November, 2009

Exam Day

This is something i had penned up a long time ago while i was working for the college magazine(sigh!!).. The EXAM DAY.. its something most of us hate.. the worst ting in college(for some). The endless hours in front of books without taking in anything, the tension of the day, the nervousness, the laziness of waking up early(or staying up late), the expectation of people around you.. I know most of us have experienced it and sometimes in a better way and sometimes in a bad way.. This is something that came from me just out of instinct and ihave just put in a few things that came to my mind.. Enjoy Reading..


Morning 5.30

Tring tring tring

Bloody alarm.. wont let me sleep in peace.. shut up u useless gizmo

Oh god . I have an exam today…

Hurries off from bed.. to the table and opens the books

Where do I start.. where do I start.. why cant i get a day more

Let me start with the last module.. I haven’t done much from it

Dozes off on the table itself after half an hour of struggle wit the photostats

6.30

“wake up you idiot.. don’t u have exam today” says mom. “sit and study”

Oh ya ya

Lazily opens the book again and continues the struggle..

7.00

oh its 7 already… ‘m late.. Have to start getting ready

Should I take a bath or not?? ‘ll have a short one..

Where is my uniform.. oh damn its not pressed yet

7.30

‘m late… have to rush..

Takes a Photostat in hand he rushes out

On the road..

ahhrrggg.. there is my neighbor coming… hope he does not see me.. or else will have to answer a thousand useless questions

Damn.. he has seen me

after a small conversation on useless stuff and during which the neighbour asks "are u having exam today"(replies "YES") our champ rushes off.

Mannn.. Now‘ll have to find ways to avoid him today evening

Reaches bus stop

There is no one here.. have I missed the bus.. shit had to happen today

Oh wait.. there are some ppl standing there… lucky me didn’t miss the bus.. atleast not today

In the bus:

Everyone is studying.. everyone is studying hard

Suddenly “ Bro did you study the question about design issues.. Thats is always asked in university exams”

Ah what.. what question.. “Dude.. on which page is that”

Now I have to study this question and there are many more that I have to look into

God.. Cant we have a flash strike today? why doesn’t the paper leak

9.00 A.M

Ah everyone seems so confident…

Sms’s every known person who is not writing the exam to pray for him

Time to get ready.. or else the invigilator wont let me inside

Oh no no no no.. dont let it be.. pls pls.. not today pls no… had to happen.. feel like kicking myself. i had to Forget my hall ticket

After a rush to the exam cell to get a temprory hall ticket.. .some how manages to enter the hall on time…

Out of Breth.. Phew!! Made it..

Ah ha.. the invigilator does not look tough…

Invigilaor : “ where is ur hall ticket and id card”

“here Mam” why is she asking.. cant she just let me in.. bloody formalities

Invigilator: “ok.. are u clean?? kept no bit and chits for exam?”

“no. mam”

“Ok go and take ur seat”

“Thank you mam” As if I wouldn’t have taken it unless u said so.

Small prayer.. god pls let the exam be easy

9.30

Bell rings. Out come the paper

Oh not another colored paper.. pls.. yeah its colored and that too a horrible dark blue.. yuck

Gets the paper… goes through it..

Hmmm seems ok.. guess I can manage to pass.. I don’t know the question in 4th module.. no problems.. I’ll just write something to fill in 2 pages

Starts writing

First module is ok.. I know it byheart

Question 1 has 10 points… hey what was the 3rd point… hmmm hmmm .. man I’m not getting it.. ya that’s it.. or is it?.. guess it has to be.. (makes up a hypothetical point and goes on with the question)

10.30

3 pages, a module and half later..

God my hands have started paining… should I ask the invigilator to massage it for me?

A knock on the door and a whole group of teachers come into the room

Head of the group “pls co-operate with us.. we are the invigilation team and we are just doing our duty.. all of u are requested to give us your full support”

Oh good… luckily I didn’t think of keeping a chit today.. hmmm

hey that sir is keeping an eye out for me.. am I looking so notorious?.. i did take a bath today..

One teacher : “ ok its your turn now.. turn out your pockets”

Eh.. Ok sir..

“eh wht is this”

“ my kerchief sir”

“unfold it and flap it”

Done

“why have u in-shirted”

“uh uh, sir??”

“put it out.. write the exam in a casual way.. put it out”

“ok sir”

“ ok you are clean.. Continue writing.. no wait… u have a baniyan inside?”

“yes sir”

“pull it out too”

“eh what sir.. pull that out too”

“yes… didn’t u hear what I said”

“uh” done

“ok carry on”

Damn.. why such bloody formalities.. if I wanted to keep a “chit” I can find better places than that.. and for heavens sake they didn’t check my sock or my boot.. if I had one their.. all their check was going to be a waste.. next time I know where to keep a chit and get off with it..

Bloody hell.. wasted my time

11.00

Struck in the middle of a question

Oh wht to write next.. I don’t know the other question from the options.. somehow have to write this

5 mins later…

Leave it.. ‘ll come back later. .hope I get some idea about it.

Oh there is Rahul.. he has already taken his first sheet.. looks like he is gonna top the exam where as I’ll be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

11.30

Another question half left

God.. only a hour more and all I have done is 3 questions.. this is going from bad to worse

Oh god pls help pls help

Guess I’ll have to ask some body

“(silently)dude .. dude .. dude”

Finally he looks..

Ah saved

Take the question paper and point out the question.. the guy does not understand.. signals the question number with fingers

He looks as if he is ready to help.. guess 'll be saved.. Atleast this question

Then with a indication wit the fist he says he doesn’t know

Man… ‘ll kill u as soon as I get out of this hall.. thats a definite

12.00

I should not have wasted all those time playing those stupid computer games during study holidays.. next time ‘ll keep that in mind… this paper is almost out of my hands now..

Rahul has taken his 4th extra sheet… seems like he knows every damn thing there is in the text book

That’s it.. ‘m out of here.. no point in sitting

With that our champ takes the thread and ties the paper… and after a final look at the questions walks out in a really sullen mood.

Outside the hall some body asks “hey dude.. How was the paper?”

!@#$&^%!#$^&(*&^%# (for the person who set the paper, for the person who was invigilating, for the person who enquired, for everyone..)

12.30

Everyone will be out now

There is Rahul.. looks like he is gonna get cent percent

Are my eyes playing tricks on me… who are those ppl surrounding him?

Girls.. oh good.. i could have been in his shoes had i studied and not wasted my time on those games, movies, hangouts, night outs (as u know the list is long)..

Looks like its his day today.. Mera number aayega..

(for Rahul)Mere haat aayega na baachu dikha dunga tuje.. Tabhi yeh ladkiyan nahi hogi..

Eh why worry.. there is always a second chance.. and that time ‘m gonna make sure that I put in extra effort..

And there goes another paper..

1 comment:

Tess said...

heheee..that is nice..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails