08 August, 2009

Breaking Out

I peeked out into the wonderful world outside
From within my parents shell around me
And waited eagerly for the fine day
I would be granded wings on my own.

With a heart spilling with emotions
I stepped out of the broken shell.
Crushing its pieces under by feet,
I walked out into the brightness.

In the light that has been shielded by my shell,
I saw the world as it really was.
No longer under a filter, my heart slowly learned
The stinking truth of the real world.

Where lies roamed free without a reason,
A hidden sneer always tailed a plastic smile,
Where some fasted for a better posture,
While others to hide their hunger.

Where people killed like dogs in the streets,
While others learned to blind themselves
And to stare at their own paths
Where the only mantra was "I, Me and Mine".

I tried to shield myself and ignore it
But the blanket around me slowly faded away.
I found myself stink with the world around me.
I had finally become a part of the chaos.

Around me I heard sound of cracking shells
Eager faces glancing out of their breaking shells
To stare into the unknown world,
And to face the brightness of truth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails