29 January, 2008

Infosys it is!!!!

My last blog was about placement companies and how they recruit people. I would now like to beak the good news to all that i have been placed in INFOSYS. hurrayyyyyyyy!!!!!

The day started just as another ordinary day,but with a difference that i was facing my first try to getting placed in a good company. That was also the first time Infosys was coming to our college. The big day arrived, me with all the required files and blessings of my parents started from home. After reaching college i saw some students trying to get through the last minute studies. Then me and my friends went and registered. After that we had a one hour program in the auditorium about Infosys. We were given certain ground rules about the test and some forms we had to fill. We all were also shown a video clip about the company.

The program ended. We were taken to our respective halls. The test started at 12. one glance at the paper and i knew it was going to be a tough ride. Anyways i started and since there were no negatives i just bluffed a few relying just on my gut feeling :-). At 1 the test got over and we were told that the results would be announced at 3.
At 3, after 2 hours of nervous waiting, the results were announced. and to my utter surprise i was in the 21 shortlisted for the interviews from the initial 120 students. I just could not believe it. and to think i almost contemplated going home during the 2 hour break.
My interview was at 5. It was pretty good. i was mostly asked about my extra curricular activities( as i had written a lot on it in my resume ), and ppl who have read my previous post would know that i'm fully involved in ECA activities.
The final result was announced at 7.30, after another 2 hours of nervous waiting. And i was one of the 16 who made the grade of the company. i can still fell the announcement ringing in my ears.
" 1036... err sorry...10463***...Aswin Pai Sudhish"
hearing this i wanted to go and hug the person who made this announcement. But i just meekly raised my hand.I was on top of the world.The person who had come from infosys told us that he was dissapointed by the result.. so wht.. he had just made my day. but he also gave us lot of advice which 'll sure try to pay heed to.
That was the end of the day when everything just clicked. My parents were really happy.

In the end i want to thank all ppl who supported me till now. My parents, my teachers, my friends and all. i want to specialy thank 3 ppl ('m not naming any here) for their support to me on the big day. All said and done
" I FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE WORLD "

i feel from my heart for those who didnt make the grade.. but hey guys this is not the end of the world.. u got more companies coming up.. work hard and give ur best shot.I end this post with one line(this line may seem more familiar to all in hindi :-) )
"If u desire anything with a true heart the whole world will conspire to give it to you".

2 comments:

Sabumon said...

da try to change the layout..it is very difficult to read black letters in dark background..

sweta prabhu said...

i don't have anything much to say..but i am glad u made it dear.. U DID IT... really happy u did... sorry dint post comment early.. congrats...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails